Massage is a uniquely personal experience of being touched in a positive,
non-sexual, nurturing way.
Touch is a basic need that connects us with others, and more importantly,
Massage Therapy is a safe place to experience this positive touch, to reconnect
with your body and emotions, and to enjoy the numerous health benefits
that therapeutic massage offers!
- Increase in circulation of blood and lymph fluids.
- Relaxes nervous system and reduces stress.
- Increases joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Increases the excretion of fluids and waste products; improves digestion.
- Relieves tension related headaches and eye strain.
- Improves posture and body awareness.
- Speeds recovery period from physical exercise by flushing the muscles
of lactic acid.
- Improves the healing of pulled muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces
spasm, pain, and swelling; reduces formation of scar tissue.
- Strengthens immune system; helps prevent disease.
- Provides nutrition for muscles, tissues, and joints.
- Helps to create a relaxed state of alertness.
- Reduces mental stress; creates a calmer mind.
- Sensitizes one to the body; thus, creating a greater ability to
monitor stress signals and respond appropriately.
- Increases capacity for clear thinking.
- Helps to satisfy the need for caring and nurturing touch.
- Creates a feeling of well-being.
- Helps enable the ease of emotional expression.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Increases awareness of the sense of connectedness of body, mind,
- Increases energy flow at all levels.